Why is it important to use lotion when indoor tanning?
- Contrary to popular belief, using a lotion when indoor tanning is essential for developing a deep, dark and long-lasting tan. This is because dry, cracked skin reflect UV-rays, which ultimately defeats the purpose of you coming to tan in the first place!
- When using an indoor tanning lotion, your skin is armed with heavy moisturizers that smooth its surface and allow for full-absorption of the rays produced in all indoor tanning machines (and outdoor sun rays as well!)
- Additionally, indoor lotions contain an array of color-producing ingredients that both enhance and elongate the quality of your tan.
- In short, if you want to get the most 'bang for your buck,' while ensuring a radiant, long-lasting glow, reach for one of our many lotions we sell in our salons!
I have an outdoor tanning lotion/oil. Can I use that?
- The short answer is no. This is because most outdoor products are designed for the use of outdoor purposes only - even if the bottle specifies otherwise. However, there are some exceptions such as Designer Skin brand products that incorporate ingredients for the use of both indoor and outdoor UV ray exposure.
- When using a tanning lotion specifically formulated for indoor UV-consumption, you can be confident that you are providing your skin with effective and safe ingredients .
How long do I have to wait to shower after I apply lotion?
We recommend waiting at least one hour before getting your skin wet as the lotion needs time to react with your skin and develop your tan.
What Types of indoor tanning lotions are there?
Bronzer Lotions Not to be confused with self-tanning products, indoor tanning lotion with bronzers offer a variety of ingredients specially formulated to react with the UV Rays produced in indoor tanning beds. These lotions are the most popular among customers as many see the best results after use compared to other types of indoor tanning products.
Perfect for beginners needing to establish a base tan.
Accelerators help to maximize your skin's hydration. When this occurs, you increase the amount of UV light your skin takes in per tanning session. This allows you to receive the absolute most out of your tanning session, generally providing a 50% deeper tan than you would without the use of a lotion.
Tingle lotions are best recommended for advanced tanners as the ingredients can prove to be too harsh for beginners or anyone with sensitive skin.
Tingle lotions are best known for the way they react with your skin. Unlike Bronzing and Accelerating indoor tanning lotions, the ingredients found in tingle lotions act from inside out. Through this process, the microcirculation and oxygenation of the skin is increased, resulting in a long-lasting, extra dark tan.
* It is important to note that using this type of lotion more than likely will lead to an intense tingling and redness of the skin anywhere it is applied. Some customers experience intense burning and itching effects that can last for several hours after the tanning session has taken place. Hands should be thoroughly washed after application, and extreme caution should be used near the face.